Saturday, July 24, 2010

Another Yummy Recipe

Thursday night we had Heather, Vince, and the girls over for dinner. This was a hit, even with the kiddos. I found a recipe online to go off of but changed it enough that I can call it my own :)

Crock-Pot Turkey Chili

-Can of corn
-Can of black beans
-Can of kidney beans
-2 cans turkey
-Can stewed tomatoes
-1 small can tomato paste
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp chili powder
-1 tsp basil
-1 tsp Old Bay seasoning (mmm my most favorite stuff, goes on ANYTHING)
-3/4 cup chicken broth
-Half of a white onion, chopped SO small that you dont know its there
-Celery, also chopped small enough so I could forget its there...I have a texture issue

Throw everything in a crock pot, stir a few times and turn on high for 2-3 hours.
Top with cheese and sour cream if desired.
It will serve 4 adults and 2 children, or any variation of :)
ANNNNND its SUPER healthy!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Taylor Crane said...

This sounds delicious! I might steal this recipe. :)