Saturday, January 8, 2011

Its 2011! (warning: long post)

Here's to a New Year! We had a crazy 2010 and are looking forward to making 2011 a GREAT one!

First, here are a few pics from Christmas that I havent updated you on yet.
As I look to the new year and think about what my hopes are for it, I can only hope this year is a little more positive. I feel as though I spent 2010 scrambling around trying to make my life "better" and didnt ever stop to appreciate what I have. So before I reveal my aspirations for 2011, Im going to tell you all what I was thankful for in 2010.

1. My husband. Ryan is seriously the best thing that has EVER happened to me. He is my rock and keeps me sane. He always knows the right things to say. He never has anything bad to say about ANYONE. He's so nice and helpful. I can only hope to be more like him. I could go on forever but it would get too mooshy :) I LOVE HIM!

2. From January-April (2010) we went through fertility treatments and were unsuccessful, but what I'm thankful for is that the difficult process brought Ryan and I closer together. It is a stressful thing and I can see how it could rip couples apart; that's why I am so thankful it had the opposite affect and made us stronger.

3. We had the opportunity to move to Las Vegas in June and took it! Once again my scrambling led us to believe the grass is greener everywhere else. Although the move didnt work out and we moved back in September, I am thankful for it. I was able to spend quality time with Ryan's sister Heather and her 2 girls and husband. We became the best of friends. I am so thankful for her and all the support she gives Ryan and me. I couldnt ask for a better sister-in-law. I know I can always call her and get the love I need.
4. I am also thankful that our move to Vegas gave us to opportunity to get to know my dad's brother Bruce and his whole family. We never got to spend much time together growing up and it was nice to build a relationship. We get to go back in February for my cousin Brandon's wedding!

5. While in Vegas, we spent ALL our money trying to make it work there, but it just wasnt and we had to move back. THANKFULLY I have amazing parents who opened their home to us and are willing to let us stay here until we get back on our feet. I am so grateful to my Mom and Dad for their generosity and support. We have no clue where we'd be if they weren't around.

6. I am thankful for the time spent here at my parents house because we have been able to grow close to my sister Anne. She didnt really know Ryan when we got married and it has been nice to show her WHY I married him :) Im glad Anne and I have been able to spend time building our friendship.

7. We also are very close to Mike and Chelsea and Sammie and Spencer! We are so thankful for that. Mike and Chelsea are great friends and we are happy we get to spend time with them at least once a week. Im thankful for the friend Mike is to Ryan, and the friend Chelsea is to me. Im thankful that Sammie and Spencer know who we are. Its so great to see what wonderful parents M&C are.

8. Laura came to visit over Christmas and we got to spend some quality time together. It was SO nice to get back to the old L&J.

9. My best friend since 1st grade, Shannon, fell in love and had a baby! Although she lives across the country, she has shared her life and experiences with me. Im so lucky to have such a great friend who includes me in her wonderful life.

10. ALL my friends! Even though most of my friends live far away, I am thankful for their friendship and the endless support they gave me in 2010.

This post has been very therapeutic for me. Sometimes I need to focus on the things I have. I am grateful for 2010 and excited to see what 2011 has in store for us!

3 comments:

Chantalle said...

Love it. My post was theraputic for me too :) Now I want to hear part 2: 2011. Ok, I keep typing two 00's when I write the year. So it's 20011.

Anne of Green Barlows said...

I love this! I think that I will have to copy it and do a thankful post for myself. And thanks for including me on the thankful list. I could not have said it better:)

Cristina said...

oh my goodness jennie i admire you for staying so strong and positive during everything! my aunt is a doctor and has seen so many patients who were told they couldnt have children ever.. and then they end up getting pregnant later on. it's obviously all in heavenly father's time, which is always hard when you want it so bad right now. i know it'll happen for you in time, and you two will make a beautiful baby!