Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to my #1!!!

Ryan's birthday is tomorrow, the 29th! Its his "golden" birthday since he turns 29 on the 29th! We are headed out of town tonight for the weekend so I figured I better get this posted while I can!
Ry is the BEST husband I could have ever dreamed of. Here is a list of the reasons why I love this man sooooo much (in no particular order):

1. He is so laid back and mellow, he will "go with the flow" and is happy just sitting next to me and hanging out.

2. He is a genuine peacemaker. He will never ever stir up drama, he will NEVER blow up at me or anyone else - no matter how much he is provoked. Whenever I get riled up and want to scream, he talks me down and handles the situation in a calm and responsible manner.
(us at Claim Jumper for his birthday dinner last night)
3. He is INCREDIBLY strong! There really isn't anything around the house he cant pick up and move, even me! :)

4. With the strong, comes the fighter...he has "street smarts" and I know I could walk down the street in the ghetto and be protected. He packs a mean punch! ...even though I haven't personally felt it...THANK GOODNESS!
5. He is infinitely talented. He has so many hidden talents I keep finding out about! He does magic, juggles (while eating at the same time!), skateboards, photography, rubik's cubes...who knows what I'll learn in the next year??
6. He is a HARD worker - workaholic status. From the moment I met him at Specialty, I saw that he never leaves a task undone. He is the first to arrive and the last to leave EVERY day. At his current job, he has impressed the owners of the franchise and the corporate bosses with his skills and work ethic. His boss said to my dad "You know how you said he's outstanding? He's WAYYY better than that!" That's my man!!

7. He has incredible instincts. He is a natural at this whole relationship/marriage thing. He spouts out words of wisdom like he's got a doctorate in Marriage and Family Relationships. He is going to be the BEST dad to our future children. He just knows how to parent - I see it in his interactions with his nieces and nephews. Whenever we talk about how we will raise our kids, he baffles me with his knowledge.

8. He's resourceful. If there is ANYTHING he doesn't already know, he researches it and learns.
9. He's SMOKIN' hot!! Proof is in the pudding...
10. As mentioned above, I love to see him interact with his nieces and nephews. And any child for that matter. They all LOVE him and you can see the love he has for them written all over his face.
11. He's silly. I have never laughed so hard with anyone else in my entire life. Really though...who buys a panther lamp?!?!
12. He makes sure to let me know he appreciates anything I do for him. He is grateful to anyone who does even the smallest thing for him.

13. He is SO supportive of me. He not only financially supports me, he emotionally supports me. Anyone who knows me knows I am a headcase! He does every thing he can to make sure I'm as happy as can be! He compliments me on every craft I do and *acts* like he is interested in them all. He will tell anyone that I bake the best cakes and cookies.

14. He's reallllly tall. I love that I can wear 6 inch heels and still be shorter than him :)

15. He's got salt and pepper hair. He started graying in his teens and he pulls it off so well...much like George Clooney ;) And he pulls off a mean scruff!

16. He loves documentaries and The Discovery Channel. I don't like these things at all but I love that he does. He's so interested in learning new things.

17. He is best buddies with my dad. They get along so well! They golf together and work together. From my dad's dealership to dabbling in car restoration to selling cars on the side to now working for Solar Universe. Its quite ridiculous.

18. He also gets along VERY well with the rest of my family. He listens to all my mom's history lessons :) when no one else does and is genuinely interested in what she has to say. I will walk in and he will be chatting away with Anne like old friends. He and Mike share random internet videos and stories and tell jokes.

19. His best friend in the whole world (besides me) is his sister Heather. They have the best sibling relationship I have ever seen. There is mutual respect and I admire them. This was a BIG reason I knew I wanted this man when we were first dating.

20. His FAMILY! They are the best in-laws ever! They have never criticized me and welcomed me in to the family with open arms. Can't wait to see them all this weekend in SoCal!

3 comments:

nikki said...

we agree, ryan is awesome!!!

Chase and Amanda said...

I'm diggin the panther lamp!! Happy Birthday Ryan!

Tara said...

aw! this is such a sweet post with such great pictures!! he seems like a REALLY great catch! what an awesome guy!!