Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas/Winter Wreath Project

I saw the idea of a "bubble wreath" on Pinterest (obsessed) and decided to make one of my own! I had an old fleece blanket that I never used so I decided to use that instead of spending money to buy some new fabric. I also had a wire wreath form that I was going to use for a fall/Thanksgiving wreath but I never came up with one. Here are the steps!

Wrap the wreath form with duct tape - all I had was black - color doesn't matter because it will be covered. This helped to have something to glue to.

Cut 64, 5in X 5in squares of fabric - you can vary the size from 4-6 inches, and the number can be approximate. I just liked that I could evenly space them.

I used a glue gun to fold the squares in half diagonally, glue, then fold in the remaining corners and glue.

Glue the squares at the "4 corners" of the wreath, then evenly between the 4. I liked this because then I had 7 squares to glue in each section (I am a little obsessive)

Once I was done with all the gluing - probably 2 hours total - I thought the white was a little plain so I decided to add some red beads and gold/white/black fancy buttons

 Here it is!
Im debating hanging it on the front door outside because it probably would get pretty dirty, but I think it will look better against our brown door instead of the plain white one inside...opinions?