Sunday, November 20, 2011

Full of Thanks

With Thanksgiving coming up in 4 days, I am feeling especially thankful for my life.

-I am married to the MOST AMAZING man you could imagine. Seriously. I am constantly baffled by Ryan. He is a natural at this whole husband thing. You might think Im just spouting the good stuff for the public eyes, but he truly is worthy of your jealousy :) He is so smart and such a hard worker. His bosses can not stop complimenting him and telling me how great he is. (and my dad isn't the one who's his boss anymore so it counts!) He is always willing to cook dinner if Im not in the mood, run to the store if I forgot something, rub my back if Ive got a knot, and he never hesitates to take a quick break at work to talk to me when I call with a problem. He gives the BEST advice. He just knows what is the right thing to say. He never has to "insert foot in mouth". You will never hear Ryan judging someone or talking down to them. He is strong and protective, yet gentle and sensitive. We discuss every decision in our lives and almost always agree. I am so glad we believe in the same things and want to raise our kids with the same discipline ideas and values. I do not doubt that I will be incredibly, blissfully happy with this man until the end of time.

-I have a great family!! I was born in to the Barlows - the craziest, funniest, most loving family! People are drawn to my parents and siblings. I always have someone to talk to, laugh with, and confide in. I married in to the best family too! Those Wallaces are so open and caring, Ryan is just a small piece of that amazing family pie.

-I have a place to live and sleep! It may be tiny, but its perfect for us right now and there's not much to clean!

-I have a car to take me places!

-I don't have to work. I know this sounds terrible but I am so glad that I don't have to get up and go some place every day. I am thankful Ryan can support us and I can focus on the home and hopefully growing babies one day!

-I am thankful for modern medicine. I don't know what kind of shape I'd be in without the help and hope modern medicine provides us. Many of my family and friends have been saved and I am so thankful for that.

- I have fantastic friends! You all love me for me and support me in times of need. I am so grateful to always have someone to call on when I have a fun story or need a laugh. My friends rock!

I could go on and list every tiny thing I am thankful for but Ive written enough.

Lastly, I am so glad for THANKSGIVING!! I love that it brings my family together to eat and be merry! Can't wait for this week!

3 comments:

Tara said...

I LOVE THIS POST!

you are a super lucky girl. your husband sounds INCREDIBLE and i know your family and they are some of the most amazing people i have ever met.

you are truly blessed! <3

Cristina said...

your hubby sounds amazing! what a blessing. and i love your family too :)

nikki said...

i agree, ryan is pretty awesome! sure do miss u guys <3