Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Birthday

Ya ya ya, its almost a month later...Since Ryan had to work on my actual birthday, he took me for a little getaway the 2 days beforehand. We went to stay at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa on Cannery Row in Monterey. It was GORGEOUS! Ryan found a really good deal on the room so it was a nice treat! He surprised me by only telling me to "pack our bag for 2 nights because we are headed out of town." We drove down Wednesday night, toured around all day Thursday, and drove home Friday. I had so much fun and got to unwind - I didn't want to come home!
Saturday the 9th was my actual birthday. I slept in, watched some TV, spent 2 hours at the library, bought some CUTE new shoes for 50% off, then we went to Skipolini's in Walnut Creek for dinner. It was my parents, Ryan and me, Anne, Mike, Chel, Sammie and Spencer. Afterwards we came home and had cream cheese pastries for dessert. YUMM-O. Overall, it was a low-key and fun day.

3 comments:

Cristina said...

oh my gosh that hotel looks BEAUTIFUL!! i love that your hubby surprised you-- so fun!

Tara said...

what a romantic guy!!! what a beautiful day!! you deserve it!! i have heard great things about that hotel, i hope we are able to snag a deal someday!!

Makelle Nesbit said...

I love those shoes! Happy late birthday!